New awards celebrate apprenticeships in the Scottish textiles industry
The Scottish Textiles industry has celebrated the achievement of apprentices and their host companies at the inaugural Scottish Textiles Modern Apprenticeship Awards held at Perth Racecourse.
The Awards, managed by the Scottish Textiles Skills Partnership and sponsored by Glasgow Clyde College, West College Scotland, Alex Begg and Co, Scottish Leather Group, SQA and The Worshipful Company of Weavers, recognised how apprenticeships have made a difference to businesses and careers in Scotland.
The Awards recognised employers who have fostered new talent by investing in apprenticeships and individual apprentices who have made a significant contribution to their place of work.
Award winners were announced at an industry event at Perth Racecourse,
- Small Employer of the Year – Drumbeat/Redshank/Kilts & Trews partnership
- Medium Employer of the Year – Bute Fabrics
- Large Employer of the Year – Scottish Leather Group
- Apprentice of the Year, Level 2- Bruce Easton, The Border Mill
- Apprentice of the Year, Level 3 – Jack Boon, Alex Begg & Co
- Apprenticeship Champion of the Year – John Ayton, Scottish Leather Group
For the full story please visit here http://www.textileskills.com/#!ma-awards-2016/y5zjw