An innovation and business networking event for companies interested in fabric technologies is to be held at the Mountain Bike Centre of Scotland in Peebles in April. The event is being organised by the Textiles Future Forum to “help convert ideas into real, commercially viable opportunities.”
The event will be in a speed-pitching format and will help start-up and existing businesses obtain funding, work through design issues, solve manufacturing problems and gain market intelligence.
Subjects to be covered will include:
- Performance clothing – wicking textiles and breathable water proof coatings
- Security – Body armour and protection
- Medical and compression garments
- Smart textiles and integrated electronics
- Carbon fibre applications – high-end bike frames and components
- Accessories – bags, footwear, gloves
- Industrial textiles – e.g. use for construction in mountain bike trails
The event will be held on Thursday, 21st April.