The 2016 Confessions of a Design Geek Bursary is now open for applications. For the fourth consecutive year, Confessions of a Design Geek is partnering with Home London to offer one new designer the opportunity of a lifetime, worth over £10,000.
The winner will benefit from:
- A complimentary stand at Home London 17 – 19 January 2016
- A product showcase at the Barbican Centre
- A one-week pop-up shop at West Elm
- A one-day studio shoot with Yeshen Venema resulting in product, lifestyle and cut-out photography
- Quarterly mentoring for one year with established artist and designer and founder of HAM, Jo Ham
- One hour face-to-face or Skype mentoring sessions with: October Communications‘ Daniel Nelson re e-commerce, Decorum’s Justyna Sowa re social media, The Design Trust‘s Patricia van den Akker re business coaching, Seen PR’s David Gorrod re PR, and the Barbican’s Adam Thow re working with buyers.
- One year’s free membership of The Design Trust Business Club
- Six months’ free membership of Press Loft, plus a 20% discount thereafter
- A pre-show mentoring workshop with Daniel, David, Patricia, Keith, Mark, Adam and Jo hosted at West Elm, alongside shortlisted designers.
- £100 to spend on moo.com on business cards, leaflets or whatever you need to make the most of Home London
- Coverage on Home London website, confessions of a design geek and West Elm’s ‘Front + Main‘ blog
If this incredible package appeals to you, and you:
- are within your first three years of business
- have not have had a stand of your own at a Clarion show before
- are available 15 – 19th January 2016
plus your products are:
- design-led interiors or kitchenware products
- designed and made in the United Kingdom
- commercially viable and ready to wholesale
Then see here for details on how to apply. Applications close on Sunday 1st November. Good luck!