Scottish Enterprise is hosting a webinar on 12 September to outline the major opportunities for Scottish exporters in key sectors in the Polish market.
It will be presented by Cedric Fromont, managing director at Valians International, which supports Scottish Development International in partnership with OCO Global in Poland.
Cedric has 15 years’ experience in supporting businesses in their expansion in Poland and Eastern Europe, conducting more than 120 projects per year with teams based in Krakow, Warsaw and Gdansk.
Key facts about Poland:
- Uninterrupted GDP growth for the last 20 years with a 4% / year on average (5,1% in 2018),
- Since 1989, Poland has increased its GDP per capita by almost 150%
- Poland has become the fastest-growing large economy in the world according to the World Bank
- The average purchasing power of a Polish citizen has increased by over 55% since 2009
- Major industrial and infrastructure projects have been undertaken in the last decade supported by over 180 bn GBP of European funds between 2007 – 2020
Benefits for UK businesses exporting to Poland include:
- a huge domestic market with over 38 million consumers
- widespread English language use, particularly amongst younger people
- a strong, dynamic economy
- access to the emerging markets of eastern Europe
- regular flights between the two countries
To register for the webinar, please sign up here.