Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) is working in partnership with Business Gateway to deliver the Young Company Capital Grant Investment Scheme. The scheme will provide grant funding of up to 50% of the costs for capital equipment for start-up or young companies (less than five years old), up to a total of £50,000. A higher grant may be considered if the situation is considered exceptional.
WHAT CAN THE FUNDING BE USED FOR?
The funding can be used for the purchase of any type of capital equipment, for example:
· physical adaptations to workplaces in response to COVID-19
· equipment to enable staff to work from home
· manufacturing equipment including automation and robotics
· office equipment and furnishings
· tools and machining equipment.
WHO'S ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
· Only SME’s with a UK registered address and evidence of economic activity in the Highlands and Islands region can apply.
· Unincorporated forms of business ownership e.g. sole trader, partnership, limited partnership and incorporated legal forms of business ownership such as limited companies, companies limited by guarantee, community interest companies, limited liability partnership are eligible to apply.
· The applicant must be a start-up business; or young businesses/social enterprise less than five years old.
You can download further guidance on the scheme here.
HOW DO I APPLY?
· Applicants who wish to apply should email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and an application pack.
· Once you have completed your application, please return it by email to email@example.com
· The deadline for applications to be submitted is 12 noon on 23 October 2020.
Please note, this scheme is NOT operating on a first come first served basis - applications will only be assessed by HIE staff after the application deadline date.
You should hear about the outcome of your application by mid November 2020.
If you would like to talk to someone about the process or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let HIE know how to contact you.READ MORE